This guide will help you set up a Gmail account:
- Go to www.gmail.com
- Click Create an account
- Type in your personal details and select an email address @gmail.com. The problem with gmail though is that the whole world is using it so you may have difficulty getting your name and surname as an email address. Try different variations and click check availability! until you find one that is not taken.
- You’ll have to choose a password and also type in the Word verification.
- Once everything has been filled in, click I accept. Create my account.
- You will now be congratulated for passing this grueling test of filling in your details and choosing an email address.
- Click Show me my account.
And that’s it. You now have a Google email account and can access it via your web browser. You can also set up your PC and phone to send/receive Gmail by clicking on Settings (top right) and then on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Under POP Download:, you can click on Configuration instructions (no. 3) to get see how to set up your email client (Outlook or Outlook Express) for Gmail.
Read this post to help you decide if you should activate IMAP or not.